Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mmmmm, goldfish crackers



One of the biggest benefits of being a mom is the unlikely, unexpected special moments that I wish could last always. That's so cliched isn't it? Anyway, here's today's moment.

Punkinhead discovered a love of goldfish cheddar crackers at VBS this year, and me, lazy mom that I am, just remembered today at Target to get that GIANT pour carton of them for her.

I filled up her snack cup when I got home, handed it off to her, and collapsed from errand-induced heat exhaustion into the armchair.

Suddenly she made a howler monkey noise and when I glanced down at her, she was so delighted by what she found in her cup the glee was just plastered across her face.

She then proceeded to stuff as many as she could into her mouth, chew them, and then opened her mouth to show me the yummy goodness inside. See-food Mommy, get it?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I have a love-hate relationship with goldfish: on one hand collin loves them and they are an easy snack and usually on sale BUT I HATE the smell of them on his breath!