Monday, November 3, 2008

Date Night

Buzzkill and I don't do many things just the two of us. I mean, we go out for a movie every now and then, for our anniversary, and we have a great group of friends that we do non-baby attending things with, but we just don't often make time to do something special just him and me.

So, when he found a great deal (awesome, awesome deal - $15 each!) for Platinum level seats to a Dallas Stars game, I was very excited. I'm not really the type of girl that prefers to get super dressed up and go to the ballet. It can be fun, but I'd much rather go to some sporting event. In preferential order: Auburn football, SEC football, non-SEC college football, hockey, baseball, and then basketball.

Buzzkill even called his mom to babysit and picked out a restaurant for us to go to dinner beforehand. I was giddy; it made me feel like I was being dated again. Normally I'm the organizer. It was nice to have it all planned by someone else.

The night could not have gone better. The restaurant he picked was one of my favorites, but not one he'd been to before. We got there before happy hour ended and had half price drinks. I promise it made them taste better. The food was delish.

We rode DART incident free. Okay, it might have been nice to have a funny public transportation story to blog about.

Buzzkill bought me lots of pretzels, beer, and popcorn at the game. The Stars won 4-2 which made Buzzkill happy. And when we got home, the Punkinhead was feed, changed, and sound asleep.

The best part of the night was talking to one another uninterrupted for a few hours. We definitely need to do this kind of thing more often.

1 comment:

HeatherLow said...

Girl, that is so cool. I'm glad you got a quiet night and enjoyed you and the hubby. Nice, very nice!! You deserve that:)

I will post a pic of the ring. I also won a kids music CD and a set of tags (for lunchboxes, backpacks, luggage, etc.). I did pretty good. I was hoping for a big prize but I'm good:)